Reservation & Vouchers
Reservation requests for Oktoberfest 2017 are expected to start in March.
Please send your requests for reservations and the „Munich contingent“ by e-mail to email@example.com and
observe the information below!
See you soon at the Ochsenbraterei!
How it works
- Please send us your reservation request by email with your complete contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org in the spring.
Please specify: your preferred date (also several possible other dates), number of people, time and your name and address.
If you have already visited us, please be sure to include your current customer number (these can be found on the confirmation, order form or invoice from the previous year).
- Starting in June, you will receive a message from us whether the reservation has been accepted or not.
- If you receive a positive confirmation to your reservation, please fill out the enclosed order form for the vouchers and services and return it by email to email@example.com or by fax to 089 / 383873-40 within 14 days.
- You have the possibility to collect and pay (EC, cash) for the vouchers personally in our city office (from 08/16/2017 to 09/06/2017, on working days from 1 pm to 5 pm). The easier way is the transfer of our invoice and the subsequent sending of the vouchers and all further information by mail. Then you will receive your vouchers directly to your desired address in July.
- Important: A pickup at the Theresienwiese before the opening of the Oktoberfest is not possible due to the access regulations for construction sites.
- Vouchers linked to a reservation must be paid and delivered by the beginning of September. Otherwise, we reserve the right to assign the tables elsewhere.
- If these formalities are completed and you have your vouchers and confirmations of reservations in hand, there is only one thing to do: look forward to a great time at the Ochsenbraterei!
- By the way, you can still make reservations during the Oktoberfest. This can be done in the “Festzelt” (tent) office at the Theresienwiese: daily from 10 am – 8 pm.
Important information about Oktoberfest-Reservations
- Reservations are free but tied to a minimum consumption.
- Per person, this is at least: two “Maß” (jugs) of beer and a meal (a total value of approx. 35 Euro). Current prices can be found in our menu.
- Reservations are possible starting from eight people. Tables for eight, ten or 20 are available.
Possible reservation times
Monday to Friday: 12:00 – 4:00 pm or 11:00 am – 2:30 Uhr pm (to sit in the “Boxe” area) or 4:30 pm (in the middle part of the tent) oder 6:00 pm to 10:30 pm (Boxe)
Saturday: 12:00 – 4:00 pm or 11:00 am – 2:30 pm; from about 5:00 pm (Boxe) to the endSunday: lunch and dinner by arrangement
- You are entitled to the reserved space up to half an hour after the confirmed reservation time. All unoccupied squares and tables can then be released.
- Tables cannot be reserved by one or two guests after the reservation has been canceled.
- Please talk to the operator if you leave reserved seats – tables are not automatically kept over a longer period.
- Note: We are vehemently against black market sales of reservations. Reservations are not transferable. We reserve the right to cancel reservations sold through auctions. Thus, neither the seller nor the buyer can use the reservations. Already paid vouchers will not be withdrawn.
Further services at the Ochsenbraterei
We would be happy to provide you with the special Octoberfest jugs at your table.
We also offer appetizer plates to welcome your guests – this shortens the waiting period, until all the guests have taken their seats, in a pleasant way.
Overview of our tent
Vouchers for the Ochsenbraterei
- Bier-Gutschein: 9,74€ (beer voucher)
- Hendl-Gutschein: 10,56€ (voucher for a half chicken)
- Ochsenklassiker: 15,29€ (voucher for our classic ox dish)
- Ochsenlende: 20,47€ (voucher for a dish with ox loin)
- Vorspeisenbrettl: 54,60€ for tables with 10 seats, 43,68 € for tables with 8 seats* (voucher for appetizer plate)
For reservations in the “Mittelschiff”, you have to buy at least: two beer vouchers and one chicken-voucher.
For reservations in the „Boxe“ you have to buy at least: two beer vouchers and one voucher for our classic ox dish.
*The „Vorspeisenbrettl“ (appetizer plate) is optional to any reservation and an ideal addition to your event.
Vouchers are also available without reservation
Vouchers for Oktoberfest 2017 will be available from 08/16/2017 to 09/06/2017 on weekdays (Monday to Friday) from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm in our city office or you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you our order form.
You can pay for your vouchers in cash or by debit card. We do not accept credit cards either in advance or during the Oktoberfest.
- Our vouchers are without a service fee but include VAT.
- The service fee (Bedienungsgeld) can only be paid directly to our service staff in the tent.
- There are no special group rates.
- Vouchers, which are not redeemed during the Oktoberfest, can be consumed in several Haberl restaurants and beer gardens after Oktoberfest has ended. You will find more information regarding this on your voucher invoice.
For people with a Munich address on their ID card, it is possible to book a “Munich contingent” on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Update 2017: We still have options for 24.9.2017 and for 3.10.2017.
This means that it is possible to make a reservation for 10 people (per reservation).
The possible booking time is from 10 am to 3 pm.
A processing fee of 10 euros per table will be charged for this and must be paid for in cash upon pickup.
During the entire pre-sales (08/16/2017 to 09/06/2017), the booking confirmation can be picked up personally from the city office on Tuesday to Thursday between 1 and 5 pm. The reservation is binding only after collection.
Please send us a request to email@example.com with your Munich address, contact person (in this case, also pick-up person) and your email address to confirm the reservation.
If you booked a reservation last year, please give us your customer number.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- How many people can be booked?
The minimum number is 8 people.
- How much does the reservation cost?
A reservation is free of charge. However, there is a minimum purchase beer and food vouchers per person.
- How can I pay for my vouchers?
Most convenient for you is to pay in advance by bank transfer.
In our city and Oktoberfest offices, you can pay with EC card or cash. We do not accept credit cards either in advance or in the tent.
- Are the vouchers valid only on the reservation day?
No, the vouchers are valid on all days of Oktoberfest.
- Is the service fee already included?
No, the service fee can only be paid directly in the tent while receiving our services.
- Can I redeem the vouchers after Oktoberfest has ended?
Of course! In our beautiful Haberl restaurants and beer gardens, vouchers are still valid for a limited time even after Oktoberfest has ended. See the voucher invoice for details.
- What days do I need wristbands for?
For Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays (at noon and in the evening) and possibly bank holidays, you need admission wristbands, which we will send you with your vouchers.
- How do I find my seat?
We have a bulletin board in our tent. On the day of your reservation, your seat will be marked with your reservation name. In addition, your voucher package will provide you with a seating plan for orientation.
- What happens if I’m late?
We will keep your table free for about 30 minutes. If it is not occupied, or only partially, then we will cancel the reservation.
- Are reservations transferable?
Reservations are not transferable. We reserve the right to cancel reservations sold through auctions. Thus, neither the seller nor the buyer can use the reservations. Already paid vouchers will not be withdrawn.
- I bought my reservation through an auction, is this ok?
We are vehemently against black market sales of reservations. Reservations are not transferable. We reserve the right to cancel reservations sold through auctions. Thus, neither the seller nor the buyer can use the reservations. Already paid vouchers will not be withdrawn.
- Can I bring food and drinks into the tent?
No, it is not allowed to bring food and drinks.